Fat 2 Fit #139 – Breaking Those Nasty Weight Loss Plateaus

Wednesday, February 1st, 2012

First off, the 1 Million Kilo Challenge that we talked about in episode #138 is open to those outside of Australia.  You just have to choose the correct field when signing up. Email and comments are awesome this show.  Laura posted a link to the top 10 reasons women want to ...

Fat 2 Fit #131 – Secrets To Keeping The Weight Off

Wednesday, July 13th, 2011

What do 5% of the weight losing population do that the other 95% don't?  How about keep the weight off.  That's right.  The statistics are staggering.  According to the article on Time.com, there are four secrets that those who've lost weight use to keep it off.  Those secrets are, eating ...

Fat 2 Fit #129 – The Best Meal Plan

Wednesday, June 15th, 2011

What is the best meal plan?  We've received that question a lot recently.  Joanne emailed to ask this exact question. People are looking for that one food, or foods, that will help them lose weight.  We don't recommend any certain meal plans, mostly because what we like, may not be ...

Fat 2 Fit #128 – Gain Muscle & Lose Fat

Wednesday, June 1st, 2011

The Holy Grail of transforming your body from fat to fit is shedding your excess fat and gaining some lean muscle. It was thought that one couldn't do it.  One requires a caloric surplus (gaining muscle) and one requires a caloric deficit (fat loss). Well a study on the Web Report ...

Fat 2 Fit #120 – Excess Skin After Weight Loss

Wednesday, March 9th, 2011

Today on the show we do the rare Fat 2 Fit interview. This time it's with an individual, Jonathan Karpetz, that lost an immense amount of weight. Unfortunately for Jonathan, his skin did not bounce back. A few years ago, he went on a crash diet and ...

Fat 2 Fit #108 – Secrets of Fat Loss

Wednesday, October 27th, 2010

When people succeed in fat loss and keep it off for the long haul, they leave clues to their success.  Listener Charity has lost 100 lbs. and uses an article she read to remind her of what it takes to have permanent fat loss.  It's a great list of clues ...

Fat 2 Fit #106 – Faster vs. Better Weight Loss

Wednesday, September 29th, 2010

What's possible when you lose weight? Climbing a mountain?  That's exactly Randy's plan.  Over the last year he's lost 80 lbs and is now living life to it's fullest.  He's planning on climbing Mt. St. Helens.  Check out Randy's before and after picture. Terry wrote in as well asking about better ...

Fat 2 Fit #105 – Reversing Osteopenia

Thursday, September 16th, 2010

Rachel wrote in asking about losing muscle and losing bone.  You've all heard, probably from us, that as we get older we lose muscle.   But did you also know that we use bone? It's called osteopenia.  It's a natural part of aging, but it doesn't have to be.  You can ...

Fat 2 Fit #100 – Reminiscing and Announcements

Thursday, July 8th, 2010

We've been at this for 100 shows now. We're changing things up a little bit. We go through those changes here on the show. Jeff also put together two clips. The first clip contains parts of our first show way back in Oct. '07. It's a little ...

Fat 2 Fit #97 – Orthorexia

Thursday, May 27th, 2010

If the term orthorexia is new to you, you're not alone. Orthorexia is an eating disorder characterized by excessive focus on eating healthy foods. That doesn't sound so bad, does it. But, orthorexics takes the idea to an extreme.  They have such a fixation on eating perfectly ...