Don’t Make A Resolution; Set Goals for 2014!

Written on January 2, 2014 – 4:56 pm | by Russ Turley

new-year-resolutionsWhile there are no new episodes of Fat 2 Fit Radio being produced, yes I said it, it’s over, doesn’t mean you have to fall into the trap of New Year “Resolutions”. We produced 5 great goal setting episodes in the past.  All of those Fat 2 Fit Radio episodes are online, either free to download from iTunes and this website, or to purchase, as is the case with Episode #13 in Season One.

So, while you’re fighting all the future New Years Resolution breakers for a spot in the squat rack, or a spot on the elliptical at your local gym, listen to one of these shows and get motivated for the New Year!

Good luck!

Goal Setting Episodes

None Found
  1. 14 Responses to “Don’t Make A Resolution; Set Goals for 2014!”

2. By Jen on Jan 3, 2014 | Reply

Thanks for all the episodes of the show. I’m sad to hear it’s done. I’ve binge-listened to your podcast for roughly the last 2 years. I once drove 1600-km in one day, only listening to the show! I’m a workaholic single-parent beginning teacher from Canada and I’ve put on 50-lbs since training and starting to teach elementary school 5 years ago. My need to be a superstar teacher, and my insecurity thinking that I don’t do enough, have been a recipe for disaster. Too much Tim Horton’s and putting work before the gym added 10-lbs per year. I can relate to both you and Jeff, and your sensible advice, much better than I can to say Jillian Michaels or Fitness Magazine with their pages of too-thin girls whinging about vanity pounds. That is why I keep coming back to the show when I need motivation to get it together! I’m going to do it this year (-80 lbs) and while I workout I’ll be listening to old episodes of the show. All the best in 2014!

3. By Elaine on Jan 4, 2014 | Reply

It’s sad to hear that no more new shows will be produced, but I also appreciate the archive. I just listened again to the goal setting show I first downloaded a year ago, and I’m pretty pleased with how well I’ve kept on track. I have appreciated your sensible and science-based advice; your enthusiasm for finding the way that works; and your good humor. Thank you, and may 2014 be a great year for you!

4. By Dawn on Jan 8, 2014 | Reply

I wish more fitness “experts” would adopt your philosophy. I learned a lot from your podcasts and your book. Thanks for keep the website up and current.

5. By Christie on Jan 13, 2014 | Reply

Russ & Jeff –

I can’t tell you how much your podcast has meant to me over the years. I have always been within a healthy weight range, but I have weighed more than I wanted to and have lost hope a few times that I would ever get back to my ideal weight. You two always brought me back to an equilibrium with your sage advice and wise counsel. I am only a few pounds above that ideal weight now with no craziness.

I feel like I know you both . . . because of your down-to-earth personalities, but also, Jeff, because I grew up in Minnesota, which is as close to Canada as a person can get without actually being in Canada (we also said “pop” instead of soda and “eh,” after all!). Russ, because I now live in the Arizona desert and have winter weather that makes the rest of the country envious!

Jeff, you have been on my mind over the last couple of months since I heard that you were having significant health problems again. I was recently diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease and fell into a pit of discouragement (okay, depression!) for a while. It felt impossible to be active because I was so exhausted, and it also was very difficult to adapt my healthy diet to accommodate my health needs (no raw fruits and vegetables!) It make me think of your ongoing difficulties and pray that you are healthy and well.

I wish the best to you both. I can’t imagine there will ever be a better podcast about health and wellness, and you will definitely be missed.

THANK YOU.

-Christie in Chandler, Arizona

6. By Bill on Jan 14, 2014 | Reply

Thanks for all the great info over the years. Sad to see an end to such an awesome resource. All the best in 2014!

7. By Tom on Jan 26, 2014 | Reply

Thanks for the podcast. Since you guys are gone, I have

Does anybody know of any similar podcasts? Most of the fitness podcasts I have seen have typically been one person focused on a single topic. I liked the interplay between the Russ and Jeff, and between Russ and Helena, and how they hit a variety of topics, as well as covering news stories. It was informative, but entertaining enough so that you could listen to it on your morning commute.

So, does anybody know of any podcasts that seem to match that style?

8. By Loretta on Feb 3, 2014 | Reply

Thank you guys! Your podcasts are inspiring. It must have taken many hours each week with little compensation! I am very grateful! I had bits and pieces of many of the same thoughts but you really filled in the missing parts and made it cohesive. Best of luck in all you do.

9. By Alice on Feb 3, 2014 | Reply

I’m sad that it’s over. I loved you guys from the start. I am so sorry Jeff continues to have health trouble. You guys were the best.

10. By Pauline on Feb 4, 2014 | Reply

I loved this podcast and am sad that it is over. You gave us a true gift. I loved listening to it early in the morning on my runs. It always jump-started a day filled with good choices. It was sensible, relatable advice, and I saved so much money by not purchasing fad-diet products! I wish you two the very best in the future.

11. By juliet on Feb 7, 2014 | Reply

Thank you Russ and Jeff, for your thoughtful and entertaining podcasts, and all the work you’ve done to inspire and help. I keep listening to your podcasts for inspiration and encouragement, just sorry that there won’t be any new ones.

I also wish you both the best in all your future endeavors.

12. By Nadine on Feb 27, 2014 | Reply

Dear Russ, thanks so much for keeping the website up to date – I loved the goals-setting episodes! Dear Jeff, I hope you get better soon.

Thanks to both of you for creating such an amazing resource – a true legacy of helpful information. The fact that you’ve kept most of it free of charge is such a wonderful thing to have done in the world. Your time and energy investment is appreciated around the globe.

13. By Carrie on Mar 5, 2014 | Reply

Thank you for making such a great podcast. I can only imagine how much time you have spent on it, but you have truly helped many people.

14. By Kristin on Mar 16, 2014 | Reply

Great podcast — but, frankly, a disappointing ending. Couldn’t you have managed a “farewell” podcast? I suppose not.

15. By Russ Turley on Mar 18, 2014 | Reply

When has a podcast ever ended well.