Written on March 3, 2013 – 12:00 am | by Helana Brigman
Although improving her running speed and long-distance endurance, Helana’s nemesis, the “side-stitch,” continues to rear its ugly head right when her training gets interesting (usually about one-third to half the way in). How to combat side-stitches, identify possible causes, and take advantage of “diaphragmatic breathing techniques” are addressed in the show. Strengthening your core and being careful when you train help in avoiding not just side-stitches, but also “delayed onset muscle soreness” (“Doms”).
Russ checks in with Dr. Rick, who has 3 big suggestions for reducing cardiovascular risk. Then, he turns his attention to a recent study on weight loss with “mobile app self-monitoring” devices versus traditional pen and paper. When it comes to consistency and training, there might be an app for that.
- Broccoli & Cauliflower Gratin – Clearly Delicious
- Lent Recipes – Clearly Delicious
- Subscribe to the Clearly Delicious Weekly Recipes Newsletter
- Recipes, Food, & Healthful Eating @ Helana’s Pinterest
- Study: “Comparison of Traditional Versus Mobile App Self-Monitoring of Physical Activity and Dietary Intake in Overweight Adults”
Good to Know
- “9 Home Remedies for Side Pain”
- Form Image – Helana’s Trainer Ball Balance
- Women’s Body Fat Percentages by the Numbers from 10-50%!
Good to Try
- Russ’s Garmin Forerunner Receiver & Sports Watch
- Russ’s SportTracks App
- Waist Measurement Techniques at “Cut the Waist”
- None Found