Written on February 13, 2013 – 11:51 pm | by Helana Brigman
We respond to listener comments from episode 142 (no, muscle does not turn into fat) and discuss some ways Photoshop and magazine covers may disrupt how we understand the fat 2 fit lifestyle. Helana explains her remarks on why the Jessica Alba InStyle cover gives her the “heeby-jeebies,” and we look at past Photoshop offenders like Shape Magazine and GQ.
Russ checks-in with listeners Patricia and Geri and discusses what it takes to look like “that girl” (Rachel McLish included).
On the web report, Russ goes over “metabolic adaptation” and how Clare West “ruined her metabolism.” As always, why it’s important to eat than neglect yourself valuable nutrition comes up again and again.
See below for a list of references made during the show including the recipe of the week, Creamy Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese!
- 60 Days (Weight Loss Journey) at Clearly Delicious
- Cindy Crawford, “I wish I looked Like Cindy Crawford.”
- Kate Winslet on her GQ Cover
- Tina Fey on Photoshopping
- Rachel McLish’s Flex Appeal
Covers Worth Mentioning:
- Jessica Alba’s InStyle Magazine Cover
- Kelly Clarkson’s Self Magazine Cover (“A Weighty Issue”)
- Photoshopping: Before & After
- Photoshopping – More Examples!
- Helana’s Cover (“I feel like me!”)
- Green Juice Detox Recipe at Clearly Delicious
- Creamy Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do with Butternut Squash, PLUS a recipe for Butternut Squash Lasagna with Blue Cheese & Mozzarella
Check out Caren:
Motivational Quote of the Week:
“It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t. It’s that some people are ready to change and others are not.” – James Gordon
- Fat 2 Fit #145 – Running with Endomondo
- Fat 2 Fit #142 – Returning with Updates
- Fat 2 Fit #147 – Weight Loss with Parkinson’s
- Fat 2 Fit #118 – The Evils of Starvation Diets
- Fat 2 Fit #114 – Fitness Products That Can Make A Difference