Podcast Update

Written on December 26, 2012 – 8:00 am | by Russ Turley

Update:  26/12/2012

New podcasts coming in January 2013.

I’ve been in contact with a few individuals that are interested in helping continue Fat 2 Fit.  Thank you!  I’m totally excited about some of the changes that will happen in the new year.

Here’s what I need from you.

I’m looking for at least 3 individuals that are in the process of going from fat to fit and would like to be on the show once a month.  You must be willing to share your weight, etc. on the show.  You must also have the ability to connect with Skype with a headset or better microphone.

Use the Feedback form to get in touch.

Talk to you soon!

Hey everyone. I have some sad news to deliver to you today. Jeff has expressed to me that he’s not interested in continuing the podcast. I’d like your feedback on whether to continue the podcast or not. What would you like to hear? There are still a ton of questions from y’all that have gone unanswered that I’d like to tackle, but what else?

I have actually recorded an episode with another co-host, but unfortunately we had technical difficulties. Before I continue on, I want to hear from y’all.

What say you?

None Found
  1. 194 Responses to “Podcast Update”

2. By Caren on Nov 12, 2012 | Reply

Dear Russ,

I’m a long-time loyal fan of your podcast and book. I have been inspired by your persistence and tenacity. Being able to listen to your years long series of podcasts, gives a visceral experience to how a long slow weight loss journey can have its ups and downs and still get to goal in the end. That is unique in the podcast-sphere!

Fat2Fit podcasts and book have helped me change my mindset, as you have helped countless others.

Russ, the big question is “do you want to continue?” Do you have more to say? Or do you feel like the podcast has run it’s course? Does it fulfill a need of yours? Internet fame? Will it help you in maintenance? Do the podcasts provide a creative outlet?

I hope you continue. I think you are amazing, and have a lot to offer.

I wish Jeff full healing, and restoration to good health and pain free life.

All the best,
    Caren

3. By Chris on Nov 14, 2012 | Reply

Oh Russ, Please continue! I have JUST found this site and love it. I’ve lost 80 lbs and have just arrived at my goal weight. Now, I know my job is shifting to maintenance and it’s shows like yours that are going to help me do it. I like an above suggestion, to bring on a woman’s perspective. I have no idea if she’d be interested, but Heather from Half Size Me, would be perfect. I love her podcasts and she had lost 170 lbs herself.

4. By Rick Smathers on Nov 14, 2012 | Reply

I have gotten a lot of inspiration from listening to these podcasts (especially while I was walking) and the advice has been very helpful.

If at all possible, I would love it if you could find a new co-host and sort of restart from step 1 and review much of the good advice from previous episodes.

5. By Kathleen on Nov 14, 2012 | Reply

I would love for you to continue the podcast. I really miss it. I’m sorry to hear that Russ doesn’t want to continue and I really hope his health is good.

6. By Ivy on Nov 14, 2012 | Reply

Hi Russ,
    I just recently found your pod casts and love them. They really help to break down some of the questions and confusion that I have encountered while on my weight loss journey. I really like the chemistry between the Jeff and yourself but I respect that sometimes life leads you in different directions but I really hope that there is some way to continue the pod casts.
    Thanks again for the great information. Ivy

7. By Sarah Miller on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

Russ, I have listened to all of the podcasts..and have hoped you all would continue them. I’m sorry Jeff does not want to continue, but I’m sure with health issues and time constraints, he had to make the right choices for him. As an expat living in China, I did find your podcasts very motivating as you’ve been “with me” during a journey of losing 94 pounds over the past 17 months and another 30 to lose, probably over the next year… Your website calculators have helped me know how many calories to target, and I’ve learned a lot about general nutrition through your shows. Thank you so much, and looking forward to hearing from you again.
    Good choices to you!
    Sarah

8. By Angela on Nov 16, 2012 | Reply

Please, please, please continue! I have only just discovered your podcasrs but I really enjoy them and they are full of usefull information. It would be a real shame if they were no more. A new co-presenter would be fine.

9. By Paul on Nov 16, 2012 | Reply

Hey Russ,

I’ve listened to all of your podcasts and bought the book too. I do hope you can continue. I know it won’t be the same without Jeff, because you two worked so well together, but I also believe you have much to share because you know where we are and you’ve traveled the road many of us need to go. You are an inspiration to us. So, please, do continue with Fat 2 Fit!

I do wish Jeff well and wish for him a full recovery.

10. By David Thompson on Nov 17, 2012 | Reply

I actually found it very emotional reading the 149 comments above this one. It really is a rare gift Russ, to be able to affect so many people in such a positive way.
    We have all been very patient and will continue to be so. If you make another episode we will listen. If you don’t, then we will all be grateful for everything that you both did.
    The strange thing is that I’m not over-weight. The thing I think I learned from your podcasts is how to put myself in someone else’s shoes and see the world from their perspective.
    Thank you from Qatar in the middle east.

11. By B D Roye on Nov 18, 2012 | Reply

I don’t have the writing skills or the intellect great enough to convey what what your podcast has done for me. I can only hope I live long enough and try hard enough that I may stumble upon those words that capture what you and Jeff have done for me. I am heart sick to hear he is leaving. I weigh in on the side that you continue the podcast with a new co-host or a roster of co hosts.
    The quality this podcast has above all else is integrity. This in turn gave your listeners trust. I am afraid there will be some blackguards using you “brand” to lure us to some fly-by-night operation that will provide us with the same old half truths, lies and hucksterism, if there aren’t any already.
    Please continue. Thanks.

12. By Carrie on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Dearest Russ,
    PLEASE continue with the podcast regardless. Although Jeff is a top guy and I’ll miss him, I know I will get a great deal from listening to you on your own! You’re team leader in a world wide support group, so please carry on if you can as I could not have lost all the weight without you and I REALLY miss listening to your cheerful tones and supportive, sensible advice!
    From us in the UK branch of Fat2Fit

13. By Sheryl on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Have you ever considered creating a website forum? Not all of us like Facebook, and a forum would be great.

I personally have quit going to Weight Watchers and paying for a plan I’m not really following, so I don’t have a lot of support. I don’t like their point structure; it is very convoluted and just easier to look up calories. And I learned about another point system called Calorie Points, which is way easier to figure than Weight Watchers points. It’s too bad the calorie point system never caught on. It’s been around for many years.

The only thing I liked about Weight Watchers were the “free” fruits and vegetables because I’m a volume eater, but your book discusses that as does the famed Mayo Clinic book The Mayo Clinic Diet. So I guess it’s nothing new. It sure would be nice to have a support system going here.

Whatever you decide, I’m so grateful for the book, even more than the podcasts. It’s nice to just have hard copy of everything you’ve stated here.

But please, keep things going!

14. By Fred on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

I have mentioned you guys several times on my health/fitness blog. I have always enjoyed your perspective and philosophy. You have helped me to understand why I had such a hard time when I was dieting, rather than “living like the thinner person I want to become.”

As a fellow Canadian, I am sad that Jeff will no longer be recording. There are several health-related podcasts with U.S. and Canadian co-hosts. That being said, I would love to hear you continue with someone who can bring a professional perspective, like Jeff did. Thanks for all the good work you’ve done. I look forward to hearing from you again, and the sooner the better!

15. By Karina on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Jeff and Russ:

I’ve been meaning to send you this note for a while but never got around to it until now. Just wanted to give you a BIG THANKS for creating this show. It has changed my life. Both of you have had a huge positive impact in so many, many lives. I dare say you even saved many lives (and extended many more) through your education and motivation. I really believe that your material should be covered in every high school curriculum — it’s just as important to learn as learning math! I have been following your show for the past two years and have lost 30 lbs and am having no trouble keeping the weight off thanks to your tips! I know so many people at work, in my family, and my friends who struggle with yo-yo dieting. I just wait until they are ready and then show them your show. And it changes their lives within weeks. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication and the countless hours of research and compiling and editing that I’m sure you’ve spend on this show. And you did it all for free. You guys are real heroes. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Karina

PS: I really want to support you guys, so I’m going to buy your book (plus it’ll become THE reference book at my house) and will buy more as friends’ birthdays come up.

PSS: Have you thought about selling your book to students through school boards? Not just in Canada or the US, but what about other countries like India: many people speak English as their first language there and there is a huge obesity problem in India mainly from lack of nutrition knowledge — same problem as North America.

16. By Cassandra on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Please continue the pod-cast, I love listening to you guys while I work, be it when I’m exercising or when I’m at my job… You guys have inspired me to achieve results by doing it right, by working on my diet, exercising regularly, and so on, I love listening to the tips, and to the e-mails, your pod-cast has been the most inspirational, motivating, and informative one that I have ever found, I am sorry that Jeff no longer wishes to continue, however, that only means a change, I would love to hear guest hosts come on board for episodes, and while it wont be the same with out Jeff on board, it will be quite disheartening to no longer be able to listen to new Pod-casts from you…

Sincerely
    Cass

17. By Jennie on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

So sorry to hear about Jeff, but PLEASE continue! I’ve returned here today because I need you – your podcasts were a KEY part of my weight loss last Spring and now I’m looking for some “boosters” to keep the weight off — I’d LOVE it if you could return!

18. By Bev on Nov 29, 2012 | Reply

Hi Russ – It is a shame that Jeff has decided not to continue with the podcasts; you two were such a phenomenal team.

Please do continue the podcasts; they are so inspirational and informative. Others have made great suggestions for ways to continue. I really hope that you find something that works for you.

Thank you so much for all that you have done – and I can’t tell you what a positive impact you have made!

Bev

19. By Karen on Dec 1, 2012 | Reply

Hey Russ!
    I really hope u do continue the show!!! I have had your “fat to fit” podcast icon on my itunes, and even though u havent recorded anything new in so long – i have refused to delete it – in hopes that one day i would see a new podcast pop up! I have told other friends about your show and you helped me by giving me both the encouragment and the knowledge to do it! I am 6ft tall and went from a very unhealthy 200lbs to an incredibly fit 145!!! Its the best thing that i have achieved- i look and feel so much better and have maintained!! I cant tell you how good it feels to have people ask me for advice 🙂
    Please keep doing your shows!!!!!!! You are such a great motivation to all your fans!!!!

20. By Tom on Dec 2, 2012 | Reply

Please Continue!

21. By Bruce on Dec 3, 2012 | Reply

Russ, I don’t have anything original to add to the 150+ testimonials above. Yes, if you’re willing to continue the podcasts, either alone or with a partner, please do so. Your commonsense advice has been very helpful.

I’m very sorry to lose Jeff; as others said, you guys had great chemistry and made an interesting team, with your diverse backgrounds. I hope Jeff has recovered/is recovering fully, and that his decision to drop out is not primarily health-related.

22. By Nate on Dec 4, 2012 | Reply

Very sorry about Jeff. Let me add a +1 to continue.

23. By Chris on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

PLEASE, PLEASE COME BACK….

24. By Cassie on Dec 6, 2012 | Reply

Not much more to say but I’d love to see the podcast continue in whatever format works for you. Missed you but I’m replaying some of the episodes and I’m enjoying them and learning so much.
    Thanks for all your hard work to put the show together for so long.

25. By javajive on Dec 7, 2012 | Reply

I suggest not only having podcasts but also a forum for those eating eucalorics (maintenance calories). Most diet forums are inundated with extreme dieters. It would be nice having a place to post with others who are eating maintenance calories to lose weight.

I might add, you definitely need more PR. I only found out about this site quite by accident. I agree you need a revised book by a major publisher. It would be a hit.

26. By Sapporo Guy on Dec 10, 2012 | Reply

Please continue. The Fat2Fit podcast help me become a 20kg smaller and much fitter guy over the past 2-3 years. Mine is just another life you have changed for the better. Thanks!

27. By Angela on Dec 11, 2012 | Reply

Hey Russ,

Please continue! I have missed your show. I first heard about your podcast on skeptic’s guide to the universe, and one of my favorite things about your show was when you debunked fad diets. I loved that you were (in my mind) the skeptic’s guide to health! When I listened to the last posted episode and there was nothing more, at first I thought iTunes was broken. Even if you just did a couple more, maybe a special format, just to answer a few last new types of questions and give your fans a goodbye.

As I said, miss you guys and I hope all the best for Jeff.

28. By Colman on Dec 12, 2012 | Reply

really miss the Fat2fit podcast as we are all on the same weight loss journey the only difference is the when we join the path and how far along we are. I have been up and down several times but through the podcast have taken away severals tips and tools and make sure I’m not looking for massive weight loss results but every pound off is now a pound I won’t see again.
    Good luck Guys in whatever you decide

29. By Ty on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

You are missed – come back if you can 🙂

30. By Jen on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I was just linking to your site from my blog because your philosophy is the only one I feel like I can follow long-term.

It’s a shame that Jeff doesn’t want to continue. You two were such a great team and the show won’t be the same without him. Still, I would like to hear how you are doing and if you are continuing to maintain your great weight loss. I would also like to hear how Jeff is doing if he is willing to share his reasons for leaving.

I’d love to see the podcast continue in any form. I have been listening to the old episodes to jumpstart my motivation.

31. By Eric Therrien on Dec 16, 2012 | Reply

Hi Russ,

Sorry to ear, but what I can tell you is that the show is missed.

I started listening last summer, still going through the archive, and I went from 194,4 to 171,1 and that’s because of you and the podcast. So I just want to say a big thank you, no matter what you decide to do, I owe you a better life.

Thanks!

32. By Thao on Dec 16, 2012 | Reply

It is sad to know Jeff can’t continue. But Russ please continue this podcast! Love your show.

33. By Jessica on Dec 16, 2012 | Reply

I’ll add a vote for yes, please continue! Even if it’s by baby steps=) Hope Jeff’s okay.

34. By Ann Robertson on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

oh please don;t quit, i am sorry to hear about jeff , hope he continues to mend. Would love it if you by yourself or if you found others interested in this podcast to continue. this is by far the best and only weight loss podcasts worth listening to.

35. By Tim on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Give it a go mate, look forward to the new show. Good luck.

36. By Sean on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Sure hope we hear that this is going to continue in some form. Guess it doesn’t look good though since we haven’t heard anything since October.

37. By nicole on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

I loved you and Jeff together, and I loved Jeff, he was such a great guy. I am canadian too and I felt like he was my neighbour, like I knew him. He was so great to listen to and you guys had the best chemistry. I wish he would continue because he is so interesting and smart i don’t know if anyone can fill the big shoes he leaves empty. Maybe he can do a show or two cameo or something because he was such an inspiration. Well noone likes change but I’ll have to get over it but I had to say my two cents that He will be sorely missed and it just won’t be the same without him. WE LOVE YOU JEFF!!!!!! PLEASE MAKE AN APPEARANCE!!! 🙂 XOXXOXOXOXOXO

38. By Lex on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

Hi Russ and Jeff,

I am so sorry that the show has stopped for now, and yes I hope that you do return Russ with another co-host. I think the idea of a woman is great (as we add a different voice) or a rotating co-host. Someone with a weight loss path to follow would be terrific.

I recently stumbled upon the podcast and had it in my “someday” podcasts to listen to. I’ve been a yo-yo dieter my entire adult life, with a 5 year stint at my goal of 60-62kg. However the past 5 years have seen me back up to 92kg, and in the past 2 years not less than 80kg. I’ve been struggling.

Every day last year in 2012 I started a diet. Sometimes lasted as long as 2 weeks, but I now know that I was starving myself, and I just couldn’t stick to it. I told myself I was a failure, that I was always going to be fat.

So between Christmas and this week, I was on a holiday that required a lot of driving. Before I went, I downloaded all of your podcasts onto my iPad, hooked it up in the car and listened. 20 hours worth.

I think by the time I had heard the F2F philosophy by about the 7th time, I started to think “hey, maybe there is something in that”… and by the 10th time I started to think more… When I was at my goal weight, I pretty much ate whatever I wanted, within reason. I ate my exercise points (WW). I stayed at my goal for 5 years and didn’t worry about it. So what happened?

Then I thought about what I have been eating. Not much, and then a binge. Not much again and then another binge. Gradually the weight just kept going on and on and up and up.

So I decided to put the F2F philosophy into practice. Over Christmas and New Year I have lost a kilo, without really trying. I’ve joined a gym today and will go 3 times a week, plus my daily walk. I have changed the MFP calories to manual and will aim for 1700 calories per day, not the 1200 or less I have been eating. I will still keep track of my food and exercise but I’m eating like the slim, trim and healthy 60kg woman that I want to be, and not starving myself any longer.

This IS a lifestyle change. And I finally GET IT thanks to you.

So please come back. And Jeff, thank you so much, I hope you make a full recovery.

Many thanks XO
    from a very grateful, and much healthier Australian.

39. By Mary on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

What fantastic news! Bring it on! I so miss my regular dose of Fat2Fit.

40. By Sheryl on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I am so glad the podcasts will be back. I really like this website. I’m no longer a Facebook member, so I wouldn’t find you there. Awesome book too.

P.S. I advertise for you on my Weight Watchers forum by using “Fat2Fit Website Fan” as my signature…ha ha!

41. By Emma The Canadian on Jan 15, 2013 | Reply

HURRAH! I am so excited. I look forward to the new shows coming up! 🙂

42. By Jan on Jan 16, 2013 | Reply

Saw there is a possibility the F2F show will continue. I could not be happier. Sorry to hear about Jeff. I hope you are OK my man!! You will be missed by many.

43. By Laritza on Jan 18, 2013 | Reply

Hi Russ,

I’m so happy to hear that you’ll be back! Can’t wait!!!

44. By Cassandra on Jan 24, 2013 | Reply

I am thrilled to hear that F2F will be continuing! I look forward to hearing more of your podcasts!
    I’d volunteer to help with the show except I don’t have the ability to skype and am rather busy with schooling, However I am really eager to continue my exercise routine with your Podcasts as encouragement again!

45. By Virginia on Feb 13, 2013 | Reply

Hello Russ,

I am a new listener to Fat2Fit and I am still catching up with the old episodes which I downloaded from iTunes.

I really enjoy the episodes and I think you will be fine on your own or just find guests to jazz things up a bit once in awhile. But basically I just really enjoy hearing feedback from other listeners! Their stories and questions, followed by your encouragement and tips are great and I think that is the best part of the podcast.

Thanks again and you are doing great! Keep it up (please!??!!)

Love,