Written on July 13, 2011 – 11:00 pm | by Russ Turley
What do 5% of the weight losing population do that the other 95% don’t? How about keep the weight off. That’s right. The statistics are staggering. According to the article on Time.com, there are four secrets that those who’ve lost weight use to keep it off. Those secrets are, eating a diet rich in low-fat proteins, following a consistent exercise program, rewarding yourself for dieting and exercising, and reminding yourself of why you need to keep weight off. Hmmm? That sounds too easy. If it is, then why do most gain the weight back? Jeff goes after this article on the Web Report. Also, Russ has an article from Scotland about a dog that lost a significant amount of weight because it’s owner did the same. There’s that old saying that people tend to look like their pets. Take a look at your pet and see if he resembles you. Are you both overweight? Maybe it’s time you changed both your and your pets life.
Emily wrote in asking about eating breakfast and how much was enough. She doesn’t want to exercise on a full stomach and wondered if she could just eat something light like an apple. She also doesn’t want to slow down her metabolism by eating too little in the morning. What should she do? Barbara had a similar question telling us that she doesn’t want to “bonk” when working out.
Jill asks about an article she saw on a UK news site about hidden sugars in diet soda. While there are no actual sugars, the sweeteners could be tricking your body into thinking you ate them. That act may make you feel hungry when you actually aren’t. Dump the diet soda!
Rosa wants to weigh a certain amount by a certain day. Sounds like she’s starting off on the wrong foot. Jeff doesn’t give her great odds of maintaining any weight loss with this mindset. She also wants to know about tracking calories and our must do’s for losing weight. You could call them Power Tips.
Links Mentioned In The Show:
Exercise on an empty stomach burns more fat
Diet Drinks Make You Fat
Diet Coke on Fat Guy Radio
2005 Diet Soda Study
Keep the weight off
You and your fat pets need to lose weight
Recipe of the Week:
Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
“Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn’t.” – Erica Jong
- Fat 2 Fit Show #44 – Calories In/Calories Out
- Fat 2 Fit #104 – Diet Coke: Good or Bad
- BMR Clarification from show #1
- Fat 2 Fit #123 – Dr. Oz Jumps the Shark
- Fat 2 Fit #125 – Avoid Impromptu Cheat Days